Well, anyway, it rained yesterday. So, I guess it was my fourth Seattle rain. It started pouring the day before too, just as my friends Kevin, Drew and I were leaving the IMA (intermural Activities Building, AKA the gym.) On the way back to the dorms our shoes started to squish and it began to thunder and lightening. It was pretty exciting actually. We were idiotically excited primarily because we're all from out-of-state and to be walking in our sweaty gym clothes through a true Seattle storm was an invigorating experience. Whoop, gotta go, my class starts in twenty minutes and it all the way over at Mary Gates Hall! See you!
4:27 pm
I'm back. I was the only person in all of English who had a thesis outline that was four pages long. The professor saw how I went overboard(but on recycled paper!) and just smiled and nodded her head. We'll be writing essays, so I guess I'm ahead, seeing that I already wrote my essay.
Geography 270 was very interesting today. My scottish-pink-shirt-wearing professor talked about Marxist development theories and the radical left wing development theories that arose in the 1960's and are still in circulation today through the anti-WTO and globalization protests that are gaining momentum (especially after the one in Seattle in '93.) I found it just fascinating that development theories that were discussed forty to hundreds of years ago are still making impacts today! I mean, I was just nodding my head at everything that he talked about today, it was fabulous.
Anyway, I have not even begun to address our late night Mexican food outing in the rain! Last night was Jessica's birthday celebration, she's 19, what a baby. Anyway, it was raining and we all got dressed up in heels and in my case, flip flops, and walked to the Ave and ate Mexican food with some of Jessica's good friends. So, if you can imagine, it's about eight at night, raining, and there's a herd of college students with strappy shoes on and little tank tops squeeling as they step in the puddles dotting the Ave and hitting each other with the multitude of umbrellas they carry. The funniest sight you ever saw. I swear. So, that's where the late night Mexican in the rain and flip flops comes from.
Us clustermates all dressed up. And arranged by height. Funny.
Patricia(my roommate), me and the other Jessica (not the birthday girl)

It's "V" for VEGAN! Lien Sandy and me sharing a veggie moment (and a meal), just two vegans in the great big world of meaty Mexican food and a table full of carnivores.

All of us. From left to right, top to bottom: Patricia, Jessica, Jessica (b-day girl with Mr. Sombrero, me, Shilpa (far left, bottom), Audrey, and Devon.

My fourth Seattle rain.

The view through our dorm room window:
The Seattle Spaceneedle and angry stormclouds.



The Suzzallo Library, where I read the last of 106 pages of Geography 270 reading. It's the cathedral of studying, and its reading room was also dubbed by the students, the "Harry Potter" room. The "Harry Potter" room is supposedly the largest reading room in the United States.
It's "V" for VEGAN! Lien Sandy and me sharing a veggie moment (and a meal), just two vegans in the great big world of meaty Mexican food and a table full of carnivores.

All of us. From left to right, top to bottom: Patricia, Jessica, Jessica (b-day girl with Mr. Sombrero, me, Shilpa (far left, bottom), Audrey, and Devon.
My fourth Seattle rain.

The view through our dorm room window:
The Seattle Spaceneedle and angry stormclouds.



The Suzzallo Library, where I read the last of 106 pages of Geography 270 reading. It's the cathedral of studying, and its reading room was also dubbed by the students, the "Harry Potter" room. The "Harry Potter" room is supposedly the largest reading room in the United States.


3 comments:
Excellent job, my dear keeping up on your blog. Sounds, and looks, like you had a great time at the Mexican birthday fiesta. I'm so glad you're enjoying life up there ... it is the right place for you!
churchladyj@cs.com Loved your blog and pictures. Your classes sound so exciting thatI wish I were at UW with you. I miss learning, and even though I've been to many colleges, yours sounds intriguing. I'm glad you're able to express yourself there. Your grandma's college assignments became so wordy, that one prof. asked me to cut back on my 13pg homework! It was in interpretive poetry, which I enjoyed very much. Actually, my teacher classes were boring then, but having tested out of History and English, I took French and the IP class instead. Take advantage of situations that pop up, Erinn. Actually, the Drean of Female Students talked to me after my first sememter about training to be a teacher there at the college! I was so shocked! However, I got married at the end of my freshman year and so I took the "traveled path" for women then.. Love, Grandma Judy
Im glad your having so much fun!
If I was at the mexican feista I would have had a faboulaus time.You are the best sister!The decarations where out of this world at her birthday!
The restaurant sure likes to decarate!
Post a Comment