I saw a bridge open up just yesterday too, in Fremont. Fremont is this funky little artsy Seattle neighborhood, and my friends Dani and Jessica went with me. We hopped on the 31 and passed the famous Fremont Troll which resides under a bridge and holds a VW bug in its cement hand. When we arrived in Fremont I immediatly gravitated towards the only Peet's Coffee and Tea that I know exists in Seattle. I practically ran to it, my friends just had to sprint to grab the door before it closed behind me. I ordered a Chai latte and wow, I was home.
We walked around the little thrift stores, went into a record shop and just as we stepped outside noticed something written in the concrete to our right.

It was a very Julia Butterfly moment. I felt like all my Circle of Life peeps were right there with me. It was awesome. See how far ripples can go?
Fremont is a fabulous place, a sign on the bridge that connects them to Queen Anne proclaims them to be "The Center of the Universe." There are statues of people waiting for a bus, with a man's face on the dog waiting with them. You see, the artist got mad at the guy who was funding the project because the funder said he didn't like his art. I guess you should never piss off an artist.

Jessica feeding a hungry man waiting for the bus a gingersnap.

Dani tries to blend in.
Fremont is a fabulous place, a sign on the bridge that connects them to Queen Anne proclaims them to be "The Center of the Universe." There are statues of people waiting for a bus, with a man's face on the dog waiting with them. You see, the artist got mad at the guy who was funding the project because the funder said he didn't like his art. I guess you should never piss off an artist.

Jessica feeding a hungry man waiting for the bus a gingersnap.

Dani tries to blend in.
Well, from there we caroused around some thrift stores and found various items of interest. We also got to planning our Halloween costumes. I think I will be a gypsy, or perhaps a hippie. My friends keep saying that I don't need to wear a hippie costume, because I already am one.

A California native finds her hat.
So, to make a long story short we had just oodles of fun. And then today I had to study real hard for an Astronomy midterm (yes, the quarter system goes really fast,) and I've found that Fremont is just so much more interesting then our universe. So, I guess that is where I'll leave you, Fremont really is the center of the universe.

A California native finds her hat.
So, to make a long story short we had just oodles of fun. And then today I had to study real hard for an Astronomy midterm (yes, the quarter system goes really fast,) and I've found that Fremont is just so much more interesting then our universe. So, I guess that is where I'll leave you, Fremont really is the center of the universe.






No comments:
Post a Comment