I just got back from barista training at Peet's Coffee and Tea in Fremont, and I feel I have accomplished one of those secret little goals that everyone has when they're young and idealistic and going to college. And that was to be a barista in Seattle. I actually steamed a perfect pitcher of milk on my first time and pulled some delicious shots and simply had an awesome time with Megan and Allison, my incredibly amazing co-workers. I feel like I'm a part of a little family at the store and it's such a great feeling and it's also nice to have a break from school and be making some money to go towards tuition.
Other than working and homework, nothing much has happened. I got an interview for the Mary Gates Leadership Scholarship, which is a scholarship for students who have developed a leadership project. My project is the Earth Club "Green Team" and the greening of the Center for Experiential Learning, an office of a staff of 30 which houses about five or six different UW offices (scholarship office etc). It's a huge, groundbreaking project and we're all really pumped to make our plans for this office (carbon neutrality, alternative paper sources, composting) a reality. It's quite inspiring.
It was also Halloween and appropriately enough, I was a dirty, barefoot hippie (sans granola, I'm sorry to say) with aviator sunglasses. It was actually the best costume I've ever had. I smeared eye shadow and bronzer all over my face and chest and I really looked sunburnt and dirty. It was brilliant and so so much fun! I want to be a dirty hippie all the time, but alas, I enjoy showering. In my soul I'm a dirty hippie I suppose.
I love you all and enjoy the pictures below. Hopefully I will be seeing some of you at Thanksgiving! Happy Turkey (Tofurkey!) Month!
:)e

The gang: Rachael, Kristy, me, Stephanie, Jessi and Patricia.

Stephanie attacking me.

Me at the bean counter at Peet's in Fremont.

Me and the beans, working oh so hard, and Tim trying desperately to ignore me.

Booga wooga wooga! Don't ask.

The hippie.

Me, Jessi and Jessica Vu (AKA J Vu) at The New Orleans for a girls' night out.

Peace!

Yup, I'm pretty cool.

Kristy, Audrey, me and Stephanie dressed up for a party at McMahon.

That's hot.

Laura Knudsen, me and Stephanie Adler at an Earth Club officer meeting!
No comments:
Post a Comment