Sunday, March 05, 2006

The UW Chronicles: Volume XIV: Bathrobes, Beds and Pleasant Befuddlement

Hello all. I am sitting in Jessi's room with Audrey, Jessi and Meaghan and we are attempting our homework. It is almost finals. One more week of class left. This quarter went amazingly fast, I can't quite believe it's almost over. Oh, and I forgot to say...I'm in my bathrobe and it is 5:00 in the evening. I woke up at noon, and no, I wasn't partying last night. I was doing something completely educational...watching X-Files...with my roomie...at 2 o'clock in the morning. Anyways, Jessi's roommate, Erin, moved out to become a resident advisor, so we have taken over her room.
On Friday, my room became famous. A photographer with Housing and Food Services came over and photographed me "studying", Jessi "brushing her teeth" and the cluster "playing darts" and "cheering." It was very fun, so look for Erinn in a UW brochure coming your way soon.
Earth Week is coming along well, I just confirmed with Hyim, a Bay Area musician and poet, who will be coming to Earth Week and playing music for the Earth Week Fair. Check him out at: www.hyimvibe.com. His manager contacted me after reading a fundraising letter I wrote for Circle of Life (www.circleoflife.org) and said that Hyim would like to celebrate Earth Week with us at the Earth Club. So, he's coming to play and will be staying on our cluster couch for two days, supposedly he doesn't mind being in a cluster of 10 girls, of course, if I was him I don't think I would mind either.
But anyway, it has been an eventful week and will most certainly be an eventful week next week. *Sigh* finals studying. I will most certainly be a hermit next week. But anyway, I hope you are all doing well and happiness is sitting on your doorstep. Ciao.


My love to YOU from Seattle, WA!
Hugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww!!!! so cute! my hard working Earth Club babe ;) I'll cya soon my dear and good luck with finals ;) ~Laura

Anonymous said...

So proud of our Earth Week Woman!

And how cool that you got Hyim to come there. What a great connection!. I think he'll be awesome! Peace out!