Monday, January 09, 2006

The UW Chronicles: Volume XII: Beautiful Breaks and Blue Follicles

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. *Sigh of relief* That feels like the first time I've breathed today. I'm back at school and it is just run around, run around, run around! I'm exhausted! Jumping into school after a really long relaxing break was hard, but I'm back into it and I love my classes. I'm taking Intro to Women's
Studies (which I love!), Intro to International Relations, and Philosophy 102: Contemplating Moral Issues. They're all good, the only down side is that every day except for Monday, I have all three classes and my brain just wants to shut down after that. But onto other things...

Do you notice anything different? *wink* *wink*




Breathe Grandy.
I dyed my cowlick blue yesterday, Patricia (my roommate) helped me, and I've gotten many compliments. It will come out Grandy, definitely before I see you again, don't worry. It's something that I've always wanted to do, but felt too hemmed in by what I was "supposed to look like or act like" to do it! I feel freer now and everyone says it totally fits me and my personality, as Patricia said, "It's spunky and cheerful and unique just like you!" I LOVE IT.
One woman walking behind me last night on The Ave leaned over to her boyfriend and said, look at her hair, it's beautiful! I blushed. We walked to go eat Indian food last night at Cedars, which is an incredible Indian restaurant located above The Flying Apron Bakery, which is a vegan, wheat-free, gluten-free bakery. They made my 19th birthday cake (a vegan one! yum!) and delivered it to McMahon! And guess who thought of this brilliant idea? My very own lovely Grandy. Thank you Grandy for making my birthday the sweetest one yet! I love you! Also, thanks to Tessa and the two other dreadlocked hippie bakers that delivered it! It was a chai spice cake and it was absolutely delicious!



BEFORE


AFTER

I invited a bunch of my friends over to my cluster and we just devoured it! It was gone a few days later. THEN, yesterday I got this perishable package in the mail, and I had no clue what it was! I opened it and read the note: "Happy Belated Birthday, Erinn! Hope you enjoy the vegan treats. We love you bunches!!! -Julia, Alissa and the Circle of Life Crew" I just about burst into happy tears. Inside were different varieties of vegan delicacies: cookies of every flavor (moist and chewy and *drool*) and the biggest vegan brownie I've ever seen! That quickly contented my friend Jessi, for whom it was "that time of the month." It was great to get something from them, since I haven't seen them in months and won't see them until summer. I did get to see Alissa (the executive director of Circle of Life and my bud/boss/role model, good combo) at my birthday at Millenium, which is a vegan, organic fancy schmancy restaurant in downtown San Francisco. The company and food couldn't have been better, I had the greatest time having all of my favorite people with me (well, not ALL of them, I love all of you too.) It was just oodles of fun, and my mom and I had gone on a really fun shopping adventure, during which we found a really cool tie-dyed brown and blue shirt (goes really well with my hair now ;)
All in all, it was a wonderful break, and I'm sure it will be a wonderful quarter, full of hard work with the Earth Club, but also a lot of fun. Cheers, I love you all, and happy happy New Year!

P.S. Wondering what the heck I'm talking about when I mention Circle of Life? Check out their website (www.circleoflife.org) and another blog that I frequently read, Julia Butterfly Hill's blog on http://www.circleoflife.org/wtp2004/blogs/
It's a lot of fun to read about her many lovely and mind-opening adventures and her commentary about those experiences...Enjoy!

P.S.S. Here are more photos of the blue-beautifying project...


These are the highlights that had to be done...Thanks Patricia!


Sexy pose again, with the hair! Yay!


Here's what we did...pretty color huh?
And
the final
product...

A happy, albeit silly, girl. :)

No comments: