Well, today has been full of surprises. I’m on a plane right now to Las Vegas from Seattle, and then hopefully on to Ontario from Las Vegas on standby. I was meant to go to Sacramento and then on to Ontario, but my flight was cancelled. Yuck. First finals stress and then this. We just passed over Mount Rainier, and it was so beautiful. White with snow, and surrounded by these blackened, snow covered peaks, it was amazing. Then I played some Unreal Tournament with Ani DiFranco playing in the background, as I blew some guys up. They definitely call it “Unreal Tournament” for a reason. You can blow yourself up and “re-spawn” as they call it. It’s super fun, but I stopped playing it because I’m on the aisle and I didn’t want people thinking I’m a total freak. Suprisingly, Ani DiFranco’s “Superhero” and the carnage went well together.
I’m also done with my finals, isn’t that exciting? I got a B+ on my astronomy final, which I’m happy about because I hated astronomy. I received a 3.9 on my geography presentation about the meat industry and their use of GM feed. I was “Patty Public-Relations” and my last slide included pictures of meat and the animals that contribute that meat and then it flashed, “Thank you from the folks at Sunnyside Meat Company.” It was really fun to do, and then the paper that I slaved over for weeks got a 3.8. So, over all I’m very satisfied with my grades, the only thing I’m worried about is the geography final which was two timed essays on different subjects from our course. It was very difficult and I’m hoping I got a good score on it, I don’t even know when I’ll get those grades back.
But, I’m going home, first to Grandy’s and then on to Oakland and mom, Claire, Joe and the doggies (and kitty and fish) and my other family over at Circle of Life (hopefully). I miss everyone greatly, and can’t wait to get covered in kisses by my Grandy, sit by the fire with my family and open presents, and open the door at Circle of Life and hug everyone really hard and laugh at the joy of seeing all these people I haven’t seen in four months. I can’t wait to see all my high school buds and exchange college stories about only ten washers and driers for five thousand students, and the lucky objects we brought with us to finals (in my case, my Burt’s Bees lip balm and my lucky hematite ring, which supposedly absorbs negative energy and then cracks when it’s done. I guess it must have gotten overloaded at finals, because I dropped it yesterday and it broke into two pieces on the linoleum of my hallway). I’m excited to eat real food, although I will give the dining hall a pat on the back. After scraping them over the coals for not providing enough vegan food in a survey I did (I explained to them that I am NOT a rabbit), they labeled a lot of different things with the ingredients and even had a cold pasta salad that was labeled as vegan! It was very exciting, but I’m stoked that I get to cook my own food; I will be cooking Christmas dinner at my Grandy’s house using the cookbook Julia B. sent me (“The Garden of Vegan”, clever eh? It’s an amazing cookbook). I’m thinking the baked Portobello mushroom dish with almonds, some vegan mashed potatoes (and some regular ones), maybe some sort of soup, and a yummy dessert, brownies or cookies maybe. Yum. Well, I’m going to go and play some more “Unreal Tournament.” I will write more later, when I actually get to my destination!
No comments:
Post a Comment