Saturday, September 23, 2006
The UW Chronicles: Volume XIX: Thoughts About Reincarnation...and Going Back to College...on the Equinox
Sometime on 9/23 (Happy Equinox!)
I have discovered that going back to college is like being reincarnated. Just a bit messier. What I've been told is that you die and go to your next life when you have done what you needed to do in your present life. In short, reincarnation seems pretty neat and tidy, which is not something you expect from death. Going back to college fits much more nicely than reincarnation into the chaotic nature that pervades our little plane of existence. For instance, you would never forget your hairdryer on the way to the light at the end of the tunnel, as I forgot mine on the way to the University of Washington.
9/27 @ 12:45am
In other news, sophomore year seems to be much more busy than freshman year. I am already up to my eyeballs in reading and Earth Club duties, while also trying to have a cup of tea and some giggles with my new clustermates. I'm also meeting with someone about greening an office on campus, which means I would make them emission-nuetral and they would use all recycled paper, would compost, etc. etc. So, I've been terribly busy with both my old exploits and some new ones. Though I did have dinner with my mom tonight and last night, and that was wonderful. It was a beautiful evening here in Washington and we both had time to sit and breathe and chat, which we haven't done all summer. It was so very pleasant.
I also had my first day of classes today and the one class I had to go to went very well. My Comparative Politics professor made an X-files reference, to which I clapped and hooted loudly while everyone looked at me as though I was nuts. Tomorrow I have my "Wildlife and the Modern World" class and my beginning short story class, so I'm excited and so very glad that I got the 36 pages of reading done that's due tomorrow from my one class today. Insanity.
My clustermates are fabulous, Patricia is still my roommate, and is still putting up with my Tori Amos poster that stares at her while she sleeps and my rock chick music drifting from my speakers while we study. She is amazing, I don't think I could put up with me, so I'm grateful. Jessi (the curly haired one) and Audrey (the 6 foot tall runner/ex-rower) are roommates now and they already got in trouble for putting the lounge furniture in the bathroom (you could sit on the couch while washing your hands...funny). Elizabeth and Chelsea are next to our room and then Rachael and Kristy are across the lounge. They are fun, eager freshman with large LCD screen TVs and a new love for vegan Thai food from Araya's Vegetarian Place after we all went there with my mom. It was a fabulous start to the year and mom has officially been adopted as the "hip cluster mom". Congratulations, you have 9 more teenagers on your hands. Well, I have an 8:30 class, so I must go. Just know that I am content and happy and home and that I will see you soon. Much love to all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Sound like your a having a blast of fun fillled fun.I love you lots!
Have a good school year.
Flogging Molly! Actually seeing them tomorrow night here in Chico. If you have never seen them, they sound exactly the same live. So its pretty much the greatest thing ever...
To my favorite intern- I am glad your first week back is going so well and that you are already juggling your earth club, school and partying duties so nicely. I miss you and know you are going to have a great year! Love, ash
Erinn - Sounds like you reincarnation agrees with you - but does that mean you reached enlightenment and decided to return for more just for fun? or that you didn't reach enlightenment and have to go around again to learn what you didn't the first time around? Anyway I 'm always so gald to hear from you. the equinox is Bev's bday and thus we are always very interested in enjoying the balance of day and night in September. Hope you did too. See you soon.
Post a Comment